The NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop is an ideal solution to portable cooking. Customers love being able to save money, energy and cooking time while enjoying the fresh, healthy food options that induction cooking can provide. You can also expect an easy clean up because a quick swipe with a wet paper towel is all that is needed. A fast, efficient and safe cooking experience is to be expected.
The NuWave Induction Cooktop includes precise temperature controls all the way up to 575°. You can also program cooking times and when used in conjunction with the power options, it is possible to cook a range of foods that require either high or low temperatures, as well as fast or slow cooking. It is perfect for portable cooking in college dorms, buffets, offices as well as family gatherings, including use in RVs and boats.
While the NuWave Induction Cooktop specializes in portability, it is important to strictly observe the power requirements that are detailed in the user manual, particularly if you intend to use the cooker in an RV or a boat. It is also important to observe the amperage requirement and to note the wattage that is attached to the various temperature settings. This is the secret to successful induction cooking with this unit and both the quick start manual and the instruction manual are provided below for your perusal prior to purchase.
Features of the Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop
- Design – a portable induction cooktop that is ideal for home use as well as for use in RVs, motorhomes and boats
- Temperature Settings – are plentiful and ensure precision cooking of a range of foods if the instruction manual is followed. You can find it here:
By learning how to combine cooking times and temperature settings to your individual preferences, you can cook your favorite recipes with ease.
- Power Outlets – a standard US or Canada electrical outlet is required
- Energy Savings – uses up to 70% less energy than a regular electric stove
- Heats up fast – Can boil water in 90 seconds
Chart Showing Temperature and Watt Settings
|Temperature Setting||Watt Setting||Use|
Portable Usage –when cooking on the road in an RV or open water in a boat, it should be noted that the NuWave PIC2 requires 10.83 amps for successful operation. When all instructions regarding power and temperature settings are observed, the best results can be achieved.
- includes the cooktop
- quick start guide
- owner’s manual & cookbook book
- instructional DVD
- 1 x 9″ Duralon ceramic frying pan
Measures: 14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 inches
Weighs: 7 pounds
Item No: 30141
Warranty: 90 day guarantee, 1 year warranty
What’s Great About the Nuwave Precision Cooktop?
- good quality product
- easy to use controls
- can control the temperature accurately by using the digital readout.
- saves time, space, money
- meals are fresh and healthy
- food tastes better
- cooking is even and prevents food from becoming over cooked
- electricity bills are lower
- kitchen doesn’t become overheated during the summer months
- cooks faster than a traditional electric range
- perfect for RV living – no need top up gas/propane tanks
- perfectly portable so long as there is an electrical outlet available
- temperature controls are good
- cooktop cools down quickly
- 90 days to try it out, if you don’t like it, you can return it for a full refund
What’s Not so Great
- Poor customer service
- A few customers had problems with the temperature setting not being accurate
Customer Feedback and Reviews
The Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop is one of the more popular induction cooktops. The majority of customers give the NuWave an excellent rating. Things they like about it include its heat up speed, time saving features, portability, space and energy saving benefits, even cooking, quality and easy to use controls. Some customers have experienced issues with the temperature controls, however they were definitely in the minority. To read more of what customers had to say, you can read their reviews here.
The Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop is available for purchase online and you can find the current price for it here. If you are looking for an induction cooker that is portable and you are prepared to take the time to read through the instruction manual, then this cooktop is an ideal purchase. While a few customers had issues with the temperature controls, the majority didn’t, so based on customer feedback, the great guarantee and their overall excellent rating, we are happy to recommend the Nuwave Induction Cooktop.