Induction cooking is a popular cooking method these days saving energy and cooking faster. The magnetic field that is responsible for induction power is the key to the success of induction cooking, as is the cookware you use. The bottom of the cookware must be magnetic (steel, iron, etc.) for successful, energy efficient cooking to occur.
With induction cooking, you can expect to experience faster cooking times which saves energy and money, while the polished flat crystal plate surface ensures easy cleaning as well as an attractive appearance. Using the Rosewill induction cooker enables you to boil water, make soups and sauces, stir fry, deep fry and braise, as well as roast if you should so choose.
The Rosewill cooktop comes with plenty of power and temperature settings that you can use together for precision cooking control. The touch control panel and LED touch surface make using the settings easy and with practice, you will be able to find and use the best combinations to suite individual recipes. There is also a timer which can be set for up to three hours, while an auto shut down safety feature is ideal for preventing accidental kitchen fires. Rosewill includes an inexpensive albeit “cheap” cooking pot to use with the cooker.
Features of the Rosewill Induction Cooker
- Design – a single burner induction cooker with plenty of power and temperature settings as well as a stainless steel pot included with the burner
- Power Levels – there are eight and they range from 300 to 1800 Watts (300w, 500w, 700w, 1000w, 1200w, 1400, 1600w, 1800w). This ensures you have plenty of choice to cook using a range of cooking styles.
- Temperature Settings – range from 140 to 460°F – (150°F, 200°F, 260°F, 300°F, 350°F, 400°F, 425°F, 450°F). The temperature settings complement the power settings so that combining the two provides an extensive range of settings for boiling, braising, frying, slow cooking etc…
- Surface – is made from polished crystal so it looks attractive. It is easy to clean and only requires a wipe down.
- Timer – is able to be programmed for up to three hours so is ideal for slow cooked recipes.
- Screen Display – is LED and large enough to read comfortably.
- Touch Control Panel– works together with the screen display and includes settings for power, temperature, timer and safety. This makes the cooker easy to operate and use.
- Cookware Detection – this feature determines whether or not the cookware you have chosen to use is in fact compatible with the induction cooker.
- Safety – the cooker is ETL/FCC compliant and features overheating protection so that the unit automatically shuts off in the event of no cooking being detected after a certain amount of time. This ensures kitchen fires are never an issue.
- Weight Limit – the unit will support a weight of up to 17.6 pounds
Stainless steel pot
- Opening Dimensions: 10.83″
- Bottom Dimensions: 7.6″
- Pot Depth: 3.54″
- Capacity: 3.5 Quart
Measures: 15.6 x 12.4 x 7.2 inches
Max Wattage: 1800W
Item No: RHAI-13001
Warranty: 1 Year parts
What’s Great About the Rosewill Induction Cooker?
- Energy efficient
- Keeps a consistent cooking temperature
- Easy to set
- Easy to clean
- LCD display is easy to read
- Easy to use
- Cooks fast
- Control panel is recessed, allowing a large pan to extend over the controls
What’s Not so Great
- Poor quality cooking pot included
- The single burner suits a large cooking pot, not small sized pots
Customer Feedback and Reviews
The Rosewill 1800 Watt Induction Cooker is another popular induction cooktop. A majority of customers give the Rosewill an excellent rating. Things they like about it include its fast performance, easy read display, energy efficiency, ease of use, ease of cleaning and the way it kept consistent temperatures during use.
The main customer criticism is about the included cooking pot which is considered to be of poor quality and flimsy at best. The message from customers was that while the cooking pot might be an inducement to purchase the cooker, it is a poor quality inducement, even though the cooker itself is sound. To read more about what customers had to say, you can check out their reviews here.
The Rosewill 1800 Watt Induction Cooker is available for purchase online and you can check out the lowest price for it here. This is an ideal cooker if you would like to try out induction technology or simply need a one burner cooking unit. Customer feedback is positive, however, there is a universally expressed opinion that the included cooking pot is flimsy and you really need to buy a more substantial one. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it on the provision that you will need to provide yourself with appropriate cookware.