One of the best induction cooktops you can purchase is the SPT Micro-Induction Cooktop because it provides excellent cooktop performance, safety and efficiency. Induction cooking is becoming more popular every day because of its energy efficiency and general safety features. As long as you have the correct ferrous metal cookware, you can cook quickly and efficiently with a micro induction cooktop.
Customers have expressed satisfaction with this particular model because it has a larger than usual induction ring, being six inches in diameter rather than the usual four inches. It means that ‘ring’ burns can be avoided when making sauces and soups. Other brands have up to 1800 watts of power, however customers believe that it is worth trading off the lower wattage for the larger induction ring.
While this micro-induction cooktop has only a single burner, many customers like its convenience while the price is low enough to fully test out induction cooking before investing in a more expensive full size induction cooktop.
Features of the SPT Micro Induction Cooktop
- Design – a single burner induction cooktop
- Dual Functions – cook and warm are available to cover all your cooking needs bar baking, although you could use a dutch oven
- Power – 1300 watts
- Voltage – 120V/60Hz
- Cooking Power Settings – there are 7 power settings being 100, 300, 500, 700, 900, 1100, 1300 watts to cover all cooking needs
- Keep Warm Power Settings – there are 13 being 100, 120, 140, 160, 180, 190, 210, 230, 250, 280, 300, 350, 390°F giving you a high range of flexibility as well as any custom adjustments you might want to make
- Control Panel – Touch-sensitive panel with LED display and control lock
- Heating Ring Size – six inches so that cooking is always even with no ‘burn ring’ developing in the pan
- Timer – Up to 8 hours
- Safety – a control lock is available in the settings to prevent accidental changes in your settings as well as to protect inquisitive children from themselves
- Customizable Temp Settings – you can push the ‘TEMP’ button to check for the actual temperature and then adjust using the ‘+’ and ‘-’ buttons to achieve the exact temperature you want to use for precision cooking. You do not need to stick with the pre-set temperatures. This provides direct heat to a larger area of frying pans making searing of meats easier and more uniform.
- Certifications – the cooktop is certified for ETL and FCC
- Auto Pan Detection – if you are not sure if you current cookware is suitable for use, you can let the auto detection function figure it out for you. It will provide you with an error message if unsuitable.
- Cooktop Material – micro-crystal ceramic plate for precision performance and easy cleaning
For more information, the user manual can be found here-> download here.
Measures: 11.81W x 14.17D x 2.84H inches
Weighs: 4.5 pounds
Voltage: 120V 60Hz
Wattage: 1300 watts
Item No: SR-964TB
Warranty: 1 Year Limited
What’s Great About the Micro Induction Cooktop?
- Ideal for slow cooking
- Can use a dutch oven on it
- Good range of settings for the timer ranging from a minute up to eight hours
- Six inch induction disc rather than the usual four inch ring
- Energy efficiency is high
- Easy to use
- Temperatures are expressed in both Fahrenheit and Celcius
- Very easy to clean
- Sleek appearance
- Customizable temperature settings
- Sturdy build
- Comes with a ‘lock’ feature which is great for childproofing and preventing accidental changes of the settings
- Ideal to use as a test unit before investing in a full size cooktop installation
What’s Not so Great
- The manual doesn’t explain how to adjust and customize the temperature settings and this left many customers saying that it wasn’t possible to do this, when in fact it most certainly can (See above in Features and Benefits to find out how to do this)
Customer Feedback and Reviews
The SPT Micro Induction Cooktop is another popular induction cooktop. Customers give the SPT Micro an excellent rating. Things they like about it include its price, appearance, functionality, solid build and the ability to customize temperature settings (once you figure out how to do it). The six inch heating ring is also one of the features that tipped the scales in favor of this burner as opposed to other brands which only features a four inch heating ring. The larger heating ring seems to be a successful heating option for customers. To read more about what customers think of the product, you can read their reviews here.
The SPT Induction Cooktop is available from online retailers, some with free shipping. You can check the price for it here. There is no denying that this is one of the best induction cooktops on the market if price and popularity are considered. Customers also find overall functionality to be excellent, so based on customer feedback we are pleased to recommend it as a value purchase.