The Max Burton 6200 Deluxe Induction Cooktop is a powerful version of other similar induction cooktops currently on the market. While most single burner induction units feature 1200 or 1300 watts of power, the Max Burton 6200 boasts 1800 watts. This in itself is reason enough to take a closer look. The additional wattage means faster heating and cooking which equates to greater energy and time savings.
The Max Burton comes with all the features of other single burner cooktops, such as ten temperature and power levels, auto shut off, timer and digital display. However, it also comes equipped with additional safety features such as an in-line fuse and a detector that senses if the cookware you are using is suitable or not.
Combined with the added power, these additional safety features make this induction cooktop and ideal choice for energy and safety conscious individuals.
Features of the Max Burton 6200
- Design – a powerful single burner induction cooktop
- Power – 1800 watts – this is more powerful than other portable units and customers appreciate the additional power
- Power Levels – there are ten power levels that allow you to find the precision you need for any recipe. The levels range from 500 to 1800 watts.
- Temperature Settings – there are also ten temperature settings and they range from 100 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature settings are approximately 50 degrees apart and are as follows: 100, 150, 210, 250, 280, 320, 360, 390, 430, and 450 degrees. As with the power settings, the temperature settings provide a level of precision that can be difficult to achieve with regular cookers.
- Controls – are push button and easy to use.
- Display – is digital and works seamlessly with the controls. It’s also easy to read.
- Timer – goes up to 180 minutes and includes an auto shut off feature so you do not need to worry about forgetting to turn the unit off.
- Safety Features – these include an auto shut-off, an overheat sensor as well as an in-line fuse. These features ensure that cooking is always safe with no danger of burned pots or dangerous kitchen fires.
- Cookware – it is essential to use induction cooking compatible cookware or an induction disk otherwise the cooktop will not work. Cookware must be induction rated and you can easily check by using a magnet to see if it will stick. New cookware will often have an ‘induction compatible’ notification on the box. The Max Burton 6200 comes with an inbuilt compatibility detector that returns an error code if your cookware is incompatible.
Max Burton Induction Cooktop Video
Measures: 13.3 x 12.5 x 2.6 inches
Item No: 6200
Safety Features: Overheat protection, overload protection, non-suitable
cookware detection, improper voltage supply detection
Warranty: 1 year warranty
What’s Great About the Max Burton 6200 Cooktop?
- Has 10 settings which should cover the things you are likely to cook
- Doesn’t heat the kitchen too much – great for hot weather
- Excellent for canning and takes significantly less time and heat to bring it up to pressure
- Easy to clean
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Saves time
- Conserves energy
- Safer to use than regular electric and gas cookers
- Burner is powerful
- Heat is almost instant
- Has sensitive temperature adjustments
- Can take advantage of the time saving and economic benefits of large batch cooking
- Precision heat control makes maintaining the pressure in the canner easier than with regular gas and electric stoves
- Excellent for sauces
- Solid stainless steel cladding
What’s Not so Great
- Some customers feel the 50 degree temperature increments are too wide and the heating coil area is too small
Customer Feedback and Reviews
The Max Burton induction cooktop is a popular purchase choice by customers. The ratings by people that have purchased this cooktop are excellent. Things customers liked about it include its ease of use, price, overall functionality as well as its particular suitability for canning and batch cooking. They also like its energy saving features and the ability to cook faster.
Some customers however, expressed frustration with the size of the heating area and would have preferred it to be larger. It is worth noting though, that the thicker the base of the pan, the better the heat conduction. So it is possible to solve this issue with cookware that has a thick base. To read more about what customers had to say, you can check their reviews here.
The Max Burton 6200 is available online and you can check the lowest price for it here. This is a popular induction cooktop and customers, for the most part, have left a lot of positive feedback. Based on customer reviews, we are pleased to recommend the Max Burton induction cooktop as a value for the money purchase.