If you are looking to save energy but don’t want to cut down on the availability of cooking burners, you should seriously consider the GE induction cooktop. This particular electric induction cooker comes with four burners so you retain the convenience of multiple burners but can still take advantage of safe, energy efficient cooking.
The GE induction cooktop offers a viable alternative to the single burner induction cooktops that are so popular in homes with small kitchens. This cooktop is ideal for anyone who does a lot of cooking and/or needs the capacity to undertake family cooking while conserving energy.
Features of the GE PHP9030DJBB
- Design – an attractive four burner electric induction cooker with a stainless steel frame
- Color – black
- Footprint – approximately 30 inches length and width
- Power – the largest burner is an 11″ induction element (3700-Watts on HIGH setting).The smallest is a 6” burner with 1800 watts. This range provides plenty of choice for the vast array of cooking options you might wish to pursue.
- Elements – there are four 4 electric induction elements to ensure efficient, fast and safe cooking.
- Materials – the surface of the cooktop is black ceramic glass while the frame is stainless steel. This provides a stylish contrast that is attractive, yet functional, providing a modern kitchen look.
- Controls – there are nineteen electronic touch control settings which when used in conjunction with the four burners, provide a huge choice of power and temperature selections. These allow for precision control cooking of the finest delicacies. The controls are located at the front of the unit for convenience.
- LCD Display – shows the indicator lights for when each of the elements is ‘on’.
- Safety – a pan presence sensor acts to shut off the element when it is not being used
- Cleaning – is wipe down easy due to the flat ceramic surface and the flat touch control panel.
- Timer – is included so that you ‘set and forget’ while you do something else
- Indicator Lights – there is an indicator light for each of the four burners that shows red when the element is on. This provides an additional safety feature as well as saving energy by not using unnecessary power.
- Power Cord – is 36″ long
- Compliance – ADA Compliant
Burner Sizes – provide plenty of choice to tie in with what you choose to cook as well as the specific size of the cookware you want to use
- Left Front – 7″ with 2500W
- Left Rear – 7″ with 2500W
- Right Front – 11″ with 3700W
- Center – 6″ with 1800W
Brand: General Electric
Measures: 29 3/4 x 20 7/8 x 4 5/8
Weighs: 44 pounds
Item No: PHP9030DJBB
Warranty: Limited 1-year entire appliance for parts and labor
What’s Great About the GE Induction Cooktop?
- Attractive appearance
- Easy to install
- Can be used as additional counter space if required
- Can simmer consistently
- Saves energy
- Cooks very quickly
- Fast and efficient cooking
- Cooks cleanly
- Easy clean up
- Provides a modern look to any kitchen
- Cools very quickly after removing cookware from the burner
What’s Not So Great
The only negative comment related to how the cookware size needed to match up with the diameter of each burner for induction to work efficiently.
Customer Feedback and Reviews
The GE PHP9030DJBB Induction Cooktop is a popular built-in induction choice. Customers give the GE cooktop an outstanding rating. Features that impressed them included its quality, performance, easy set-up and easy clean features. They also liked the energy saving functionality. To read more about what customers had to say you can read their full reviews here.
The GE PHP9030DJBB Profile 30” Stainless Steel Electric Induction Cooktop is available from online retailers and if you would like to check out their lowest price, you can find it here. While this four burner induction cooker is more expensive than the single/double burner models, customers valued the convenience of having four available burners as well as the overall quality of the cooker. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it.