The Cuisinart MCP 12N Stainless Steel 12 Piece Cookware Set is a deluxe product suitable for discerning home cooks who want to take their culinary skills to the next level. It is an attractive set of cookware that uses technology in its construction to ensure high levels of performance and functionality. The set includes basic items as well as additional pots and pans to provide variety and flexibility in the food you wish to cook.
18/10 stainless steel is used in their construction so quality is high with the exteriors featuring a brushed finish and the interiors polished to a mirror like shine to ensure that foods release quickly from the surface. All pieces are oven safe to 500F and can also be used in a broiler.
The MultiClad Pro construction is the main feature though as it sandwiches a pure aluminum core between a stainless steel interior and exterior layer resulting in what is known as
Tri-ply Heat Surround technology. It all adds up to quality cookware that is easy to clean and which cooks evenly.
Features of the Cuisinart MCP 12N Cookware Set
- Design – a high quality all-purpose twelve piece set of cookware featuring MultiClad Pro stainless steel
- Suitable For – sautéing, frying, browning, searing and slowly simmering sauces
- Construction – Triple-Ply MultiClad Pro construction is used whereby a pure aluminum core is encased by a stainless steel interior and a brushed stainless steel surface on the exterior. This ensures a high level of heat conductivity, maximum heat retention, as well as eliminating hotspots.
- Heat Surround – is the technology which keeps the distribution of heat along the sides and bottom of the cookware even. Hotspots do not develop because of this.
- Temperature Control – the aluminum core inside the cookware heats and cools quickly resulting in precise temperature control. Stainless steel interior is ideal for delicately simmering sauces. Perfectly sautéing vegetables, browning meats, or boiling several servings of pasta.
- Cooking Surface – is polished stainless steel which avoids discoloration and does not react with foods to change their natural flavors.
- Induction Ready – this cookware is ideal for using on induction cooktops as well as regular stovetops, providing choice for the customer
- Lids – fit tightly and are made from stainless steel. The firm fit ensures all nutrients and flavors are sealed in. Lids can be washed in a dishwasher also.
- Handles – are designed to be cool to the grip while located on the stovetop, being stick-handles with stainless steel rivets. This ensures safe handling and when combined with unique thumb rests, the user can expect to experience safe control and balance during lifting and pouring.
- Rims – these are tapered so as to create a pouring lip to avoid drips and spillage while pouring
- Cooking Methods – are versatile and items may be used on a stovetop, in over or under a broiler as well as in an oven to 500F
- Cleaning – items are dishwasher safe, although many customers prefer to wash them by hand as well as use Barman’s Friend on scorches or burned areas. Lids are also dishwasher safe.
- 1 x 1-1/2- quart covered saucepan
- 1 x 3 quart covered saucepan
- 1 x 8 inch open skillet
- 1 x 10 inch open skillet
- 1 x 3-1/2 quart covered saute pan
- 1 x 8 quart covered stockpot
- 1 x steamer insert with lid. 12 pieces total.
- Measures: 24.2 x 14.2 x 10.7 inches
- Weighs: 26 pounds
- Item No: MCP-12N
- Warranty: Lifetime Warranty
- Manufacturer: Cusinart
What’s Great About the Cuisinart 12 Piece Cookware Set?
- Cooks better than non-stick
- High quality cookware
- Lids fit snugly
- Excellent heat retention and conductivity
- Heavy, but not too heavy
- Pleasing appearance
- Easy to clean and Bar Keepers Friend easily removes burns and scorching
- Excellent value
- Pouring lip included on pots and pans
- Well-constructed, sturdy build
- All pieces are oven safe
- Additional matching pieces available for purchase
What’s not so Great
- Support not always helpful
- Sometimes prone to flaking and pitting inside the cookware
Being a popular cookware set there is plenty of feedback for the Cuisinart MCP 12N Cookware Set and the reviews they left for it are excellent. Things they like about the Cuisinart include its quality, price, functionality and performance. They also like how it is possible to add additional pieces to the set in a variety of sizes. A few customers had issues with pitting and flaking but were in the extreme minority.
To read more about what customers had to say you can read their reviews here.
The Cuisinart MCP 12N Multiclad 12 Piece Cookware Set is available online and you are welcome to check the price for it here. The vast majority of customers love this cookware and appreciate how it provides a viable alternative to cooking on a Teflon surface. In all, customers found their cooking experiences discovering a new level by using this high quality cookware. Based on customer feedback, we are happy to recommend it.